Confirmed, It's an Email Scam
It tricks you to download something presumably and potentially bad. Don't be tricked.
There are several alarming signs that triggered us to investigate:
- There is no infringement on the site at all
- The email address is suspiciously spam-looking
- It says to "download" rather than to view or to confirm (big red flag)
- The link is highly suspicious with a path name including a folder name of "download"
- The name is so generic that we cannot find reliable sites upon searching
- There is no business / formal signature to establish its legitimacy
At the end, we wasted 30 minutes to conduct our security analysis and confirmed the finding.
If your site or personal inbox sees unsolicited messages that trigger the above alarms, don't click anything.
Here is the original message.