Make Simple, Effective, Quick, and Portable Navigation Bar Drop-Down Menus for Blogger / Blogspot Themes
This has been the longest headache for our blogger based website for not having dropdown menus. We much prefer a drop-down navigation menu style than the default blogger single bar menu. We finally found a good-enough solution and we are super excited about it.
The default new blogspot / blogger themes, such as Emporio don't have a drop down menu for navigation.
- Open Blogger -> Layout setting page.
- Add an HTML gadget.
- Include the following code snippet in the gadget.
- Customize the menu items in the HTML code section at the bottom.
- Save the gadget.
- Move it to the Header container at the top, above the "Page Header" gadget.
- Save the layout and try it out.
- It's self-contained, so it's neat and easy to port to other blogs.
- Does not require modifying the theme's HTML file.
- It works with responsive themes like Emporior and others.
- It's sourced from the popular W3Schools, so it's clean.
- When the drop down menu reaches the post summary section, items cannot be clicked, so it's needs to stay at the top.